Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well it is now October....and that means HALLOWEEN

Halloween is by far one of my favorite holidays. Everyday this month I will be showcasing a fun halloween craft that can be done by the whole family.

I found this one today at familyfun.com - this is a great website for those with kids.
Spooky Spider








1. Use a craft knife (parents only) to cut off the spout of the milk jug, then completely cover the jug with black duct tape.





2. To create the 8 legs, tape the center of each of the 4 pipe insulation tubes across the handle side of the jug.





3. Tape the tubes to the sides of the jug as well, to keep them bent.






4. With scissors, cut and remove a 1-inch-deep notch from the middle of each leg, then bend the insulation at the notches and tape the bent joints in place.





5. For eyes, stick black tape pupils on the 2 broader ends of a pair of plastic eggs. Tape the eyes in place on the jug. Finally, decorate the top of the spider body with green duct tape, and your oversize arachnid is ready to tape or tie in place on a front porch or door.
I too will be working on a Halloween layout (I know I said I was done) today, hopefully it will be ready to list on ebay and add a pic tomorrow. The layout will be titled "In search of the Perfect Pumpkin"
All for now,
Cheers

No comments: