Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin Patch day

Oh what fun we had today.
The dh and kids were quiet so that I could sleep in this morning, yippee.
The day was beautiful so we had to decide what to do this morning and it definitely had to be something outside. We had planned to go to the pumpkin patch next weekend but with perfect weather why tempt fate, off we went.

I am not a big fan of going to the same place every year so even though Rory was geared up to go the Laity pumpkin patch I wanted to find somewhere new. Whoa what a mistake. The first farm I had found via the internet didn't really exist. We found the address but other than a dog and a trailer we couldn't find any evidence of a pumpkin patch.

So now I advise there is a place a town over, only 20 more minutes. We get there, pay $42 to enter (I know I can't believe it), started the corn maze (totally wanted to do this on this year) only to have Trevor whine that he was too tired to continue, so out of 18 flags we managed to do 2. Then off to the animals, huge pig and some sheep, hay bale maze, and then the pumpkin patch. Pumpkin patch, NOT. I couldn't find one orange pumpkin if my life depended on it. Green ones, white ones, tiny unripe ones, etc.



So needless to say the day we were to bring home the mighty pumpkins we came home hands empty. Oh well here's hoping next weekend isn't too wet, Laity pumpkin patch here we come.



We ended the day with Grandma and Aunt Tracy over for dinner, watched the hockey game, ugh, and then played a little Mario Kart on the Wii.

All in all a good day.



Back to scrapping and creating tomorrow!



Cheers

No comments: