Thursday, October 2, 2008

October 2nd, not the most productive day!!

I have to say that somedays I easily get distracted. I had intentions to get so much done but found myself drawn to others blogs and a such did not get anywhere near what I had intended done.

With that said I really don't have much to say today so I will get on with my Halloween craft for the day and plan to be much more productive tomorrow!!! Time will tell :)

Spider Treats (found on www.ricekrispies.ca )

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 pkg (about 40) regular marshmallows†
6 cups RICE KRISPIES* cereal
Food colouring, prepared frosting, candy corn, candy-coated gum, string licorice, coloured shredded coconut
PREPARATION
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt margarine or butter and marshmallows in a microwave set on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Add a few drops of food colouring and stir mixture until smooth.
2.Add KELLOGG'S* RICE KRISPIES* cereal, stirring until well coated. Let cereal mixture cool slightly until it is safe to touch. With buttered hands, shape cereal mixture into spider shapes and place on waxed paper. Allow to cool.
3.Decorate spiders using candy corn for eyes, candy-coated gum for teeth, licorice for web and coloured coconut for hair. Attach decorations with frosting.
Tip: colour coconut by soaking in warm water with a few drops of food colouring for about 30 minutes. Dry coconut on paper towels before using.
Cheers

No comments: