Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sunday HandCrafted feature - Handcrafted Soaps

I am starting a new weekly feature on my blog. Every Sunday I am going to feature a few sellers of one particular craft industry.
This week the feature is on Handcrafted Soaps. Before I was a paper crafter I loved to make soap. I wasn't anywhere near as talented as those I am about to feature but it was a passion of mine.

So everyone needs soap right?, why stick to commerically produced boring soaps when you can have fun, unique, works of art!!!

The first wonderful artist I found was Soapalaya Soaps
This shop has a variety of Cold process soaps, Blended Creme Soaps, Skin Care products, Lip Balms, and much much more.

Here are just a few of my favorites from this shop


Vetiver is a fragrance that is fresh, green and wonderfully intoxicating. A carefully blended mix of Tibetan musk, black pepper and Himalayan grasses, Vetiver is spicy and warm with an earthy-woodsy complexity. Perfect for men, but, it is also enjoyed by women. Considered a true unisex fragrance.



This is a hefty bar of cold process soap.Each bar is handcut from a loaf and weighs approx. 6 oz. or more.The scent is a combination of kumquat fragrance oil and natural orange and tangerine essential oil. The top has a sprinkling of real orange peel powder.....just because it's pretty : )

*******************************************************************************
In A Lather is another great shop on Etsy. As mentioned in their site visit this shop to take this opportunity to pamper yourself with some affordable luxuries.

Currently the shop is focused on making Shampoo That Rocks, which are solid shampoo bars. They lather freely, and contain all of the good things that are in shampoo without the water. I think this is a great idea.
Here are a few of my favorites:

and




******************************************************************************
Mmmmmmmmm this next shop has some of the most yummy names for their soap. They sound good enough to eat.
Along with cold processed soaps, this shop also carries Whipped soap, Facial Scrubs, Lip Butters, and more.
So visit Pegasussoaps to find some soap sounding good enough to eat ;)
Some favorites:




****************************************************************************
Finally last but definitely not least of the shops I am featuring this week is Shine Your Hiney Soap Co. (what a clever name!)
Along with Gourmet and Luscious soaps they carry a line of novelty and childrens soaps that are wonderful. It always seems to be a bit more fun for kids (and adults) to wash with fun shapes.

Here are my favorites.




So I would love if you took a moment and visited these wonderful shops, it is always such a pleasure to help fellow crafters.
If you have an idea for next Sundays feature I would love to hear them. I am thinking about doing some sort of doll feature, but not entirely sure yet, be sure to check back.
On a personal note I will have some exciting news to share tomorrow ;)
Cheers

No comments: