Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day & Christmas

I celebrated my first Mothers Day only days after Trevor was born. He was due weeks after Mothers Day but gave us a great surprise and came to play earlier than expected. I loved that I was able to celebrate that year and I have to say each year only gets better and better.


For the past couple of weeks Trev has been telling me that they have been working on a Mothers Day gift but he was really good and kept it a secret, he is very much my son and secrets are really hard for him so I was quite proud of this.


He was too excited though to wait until Sunday, so at 7:45 a.m. in bed on Saturday I was presented with an envelope, inside the envelope was what he had been working on for the past few weeks.


These are love coupons and there are 4 in total. The coupons include, helping wash the dishes, helping with dinner, making his bed, and my favorite, help me bake. This one is my favorite because I can't bake, I don't have the patience, so any help would be appreciated.





The next item I received was a booklet he had been working on which detailed all the things he loves about me. It was so sweet!

These handmade gifts are such a treasure, I love the work he put into them and I will surely keept them in a safe place to enjoy for years to come!

Christmas was part of my title. I know it is months away but I have a question, when do you start to get organized for Christmas? I have a number of handmade cards to list on Etsy as well as my boxed sets for ebay and I was a little late last year, so is it too early now to start listing them or should I still wait just a bit?

Cheers

p.s. My boys didn't do it, I was very sad to see the playoff run come to an end but after thinking about it they did ok considering they were not even expected to make the playoffs.












No comments: