Sunday, August 8, 2010

Another birthday has come and gone

I have been absent for quite some time but this time I do have an excuse. My laptop screen cracked (not my fault but long story) and I have been without a computer for quite some time. We do have a home computer I could use but I never seem to have more than 5 minutes before the kids or dh are crying to get on, seriously what did we all do with out time before computers :)

I celebrated my birthday this past weekend (Friday acutally) and it was a great one. My Mom took me to see a local production of Glengarry Glen Ross starring Eric McCormack, it was a great play. The week before we had seen The Lion King, I have never left a play disappointed but this time I was, not sure if I was just expecting too much but I was not a fan.



We went for a nice dinner Friday in Queen Elizabeth Park, usually the views are outstanding, one of the tourist destinations, but on this day the smoke from the 400+ wildfires going on in B.C. left a haze leaving the view a little disappointing. I truly feel bad for the people with respitory problems because the air has been really bad.
Wonderful hubby purchased the Big Shot for my b-day present, I haven't really found he time yet to play with it but I can't wait.

Also while I was away from the blogging world we took in the fireworks (largest fireworks display in Canada), I wasn't going to take Brendan because I feared that the crowds would be too large (300,000+) to take both boys but I am glad I did, he had such a blast seeing it for the first time.

We were able to get all the kids school shopping done yesterday, crazy having to buy for both of them this year. Brendan is counting down the days to his first day of school!!

Finally I found out on Friday that Rory has too see a doctor in Hamilton, ON, NEXT WEEK. I have never heard of flying 5+ hours for a doctors visit on a weeks notice. We have to find a kennel for the dog but thankfully we were able to get Rorys sister in to watch the kids here, I have to go as well at the doctors request. One nice thing is that the way the flights came about we will have 1 full day to look around and Niagara Falls are only one hour away, this is a place that has been on my bucket list so for that I am excited.

Hope to have some of my craft projects loaded here tomorrow.

Oh and also if anyone knows what I would have done to have all my sidebar items at the bottom of my blog I would love your advice on how to fix it, it's driving me crazy ;)

Cheers,
Kristine

No comments: