Monday, June 8, 2009

Heatwave, swimming, scrapping, and bbq's

I did not forget that I had a blog but the energy level just wasn't there all last week. Typically here June weather is in the 70's, sunny but comfortable. Well I think the sun is confused :) because it was beating down on us like it was August. We were hitting 95 degrees for a couple days with the rest of the week at 90 degrees.

I know for some this is not a big deal but honestly we are not equipped to handle such heat, most here don't have a/c units because it's really not necessary except for about 2 weeks of the year. So anyway by the time I drove the hour home in my NON-air conditioned car I was done!, have some dinner, watch the kids in the pool, get them to bed and then I didn't move I was just so tired. The most surprising thing though is usually the heat makes Rory and I both very cranky, not so much this time which is a good thing.

Here are some of the pics of the kids in the pool. This is the best investment we have made, they are having so much fun, getting some exercise, and generally wearing themselves out before bed.



I have done some scrapping, just a bit because remember I didn't move all last week, lol. This double 12 x12 page is when the family (pre-Brendan) went to a little theme park (really little) called DinoTown. Trevor loved it and for the age he was (3), it was great. I think he would still like it but I can guarantee that he would rather be at the waterslides next door.
Here is it (I haven't included the journaling yet, getting that added hopefully tonight. We just hooked up a new computer (don't get me started on Vista) and I can't figure out how to get my printer going!)



On a completely different topic it is now bbq season and I would like to share a recipe I tried out last weekend, it was a huge hit. I love to bbq (not the man of the house, Rory does not fit into any stereotypes) but I do get bored of the same steak, burger, hot dog and sometimes chicken, I love to try new things. So this was completely different for me and it was a success. If you know of any recipes or websites that are great for the bbq I would love to hear about them.

Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs

Click on the picture to go to the on-line recipe, it was sooooo good!!!

Finally there is only one week left to enter the blog giveaway, be sure to take part, everybody needs cards throughout the year so why not win them!!!!!
Here is the link to the rules to enter.
http://kriskroppin.blogspot.com/2009/06/june-1-announcements.html
Cheers!

2 comments:

cabin + cub said...

We've been hitting our local pool a lot lately.. its hot here too, which is unusual. Perhaps it's all global warming?

jacqueline said...

I hope the weather cools down a little for you. :) Your little ones look like they are having fun in the pool!. Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!