Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Couple new cooks in the kitchen

For quite some time the boys have been fascinated with cooking. As a family I think we have watched every episode of Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. Cutthroat kitchen is another favorite.

So for Christmas this year Trev received his first cookbook - The One Pot Bible - the plan is to make a new recipe every weekend.

This past weekend the menu consisted of Honey Garlic Ribs, or at least it should have, you see Mom (me)  forgot to actually look at the book to determine the amount of time required to make this recipe, yup, 8 hours!!!  I read this at 5 p.m.  On to the next plan - oven ribs.
Trevor did a wonderful job and they were the tastiest ribs ever. It's crazy how great food tastes when someone else cooks for you :)


 
The next morning Brendan helped me make a huge pot of chili - it is so much fun to watch the boys take such an interest in cooking. Definitely something I want to be sure to encourage.
 
 
Cheers


No comments: