Thursday, January 20, 2011

Little bit of this...Little bit of that

I have little tidbits today - the way my brain is thinking these days ;)

Etsy shop - I have just listed the Valentine cupcake toppers in my Etsy shop on sale. They are now 20% off!!

Kids - I am so proud of Trevor - he has taken up the love of reading just like his Mom. Every time I turn around he is reading and I love it. For Christmas he received a box set of Ronald Dahl books and has so far finished Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He is now on to Goosebumps, not sure what that one is about but based on the jokes in the back it is no doubt a book for boys!!


Home - Our new house is turning into a money trap. First we had to block the bottom of the deck to keep the raccoons from nesting (they may be cute but they freak me out!), now a new toilet. I was under the assumption that it was a new toilet but given the fact that is a no name toilet (no markings on it at all) it was obviously not built to last. The plumber is in tomorrow.

Came across a new recipe tonight and thought I would share as finding something that both boys and Dad likes is rare:
Hearty Lasagne Soup

1 pound ground beef

1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
3 1/2 cups Swanson® Beef Broth (Regular, 50% Less Sodium or Certified Organic)
1 can (14 .5 ounces) diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
1 1/2 cups uncooked mafalda or corkscrew-shaped pasta  ( just used broken lasagne noodles)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1.Cook the beef, onion, garlic and parsley in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, or until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat.

2.Stir the broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning in the saucepan and heat to a boil.

3.Stir the pasta in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender. Stir in the cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.

On that note I am off to chill and watch American Idol

No comments: