Thursday, February 12, 2009

1 year and counting til the BIG event

In less than one year our city will be hosting the world for the 2010 Olympic games. After being awarded the games over 6 years ago you can imagine just how big a deal this is today.

I have always been a great supported of the games, it's a once in a lifetime event for sure, but I do have to say that being bombarded with commericals, advertising, and constant media chatter is starting to drive me nuts :)

Today the Olympic torch was unveiled and many events are scheduled to celebrate this day.

Here is the torch, followed by a pic of the Olympic mascots. I only wish my Dad were here to take in this event, he loved the idea of hosting the Olympics so I will definitely take in as much as I can in his honor.

Cheers

No comments: